Stainless steel cables are among the most versatile elements of architecture. They are functional, stable, long-lived and simultaneously decorative and individually deployable. I-SYS unites all these characteristics and provides tailored solutions for each contract - from the balustrade infill up to highly stressed suspension.
The I-SYS range comprises of around 1,000 fittings and accessories. Stainless steel cables are available in diameters of 1 mm to 26 mm. The application areas of I-SYS are versatile for:
- Balustrade infill: The I-SYS program for railings makes individual forms and solutions for the design of railing infill possible. The cables follow every pitch angle and self-assembly with tensile end connections is provided.
- Falling protection: Large gaps at danger points are compensated by I-SYS constructions. The stable cables and tie bars of stainless steel give support and protect from accidents.
- Bracing: A cross-shaped connection of steel elements from the I-SYS program can be employed for the stabilisation and relief of supporting elements.
- Suspensions: The stainless steel elements of I-SYS can be employed in various ways as vertical load bearers or diagonal mountings.
- Canopies: The I-SYS canopies eaves offer an elegant possibility for canopies with minimal material deployment. The slender steel cables are anchored in the wall and give the glass roof stability by pre-stressing.
- Green wall systems: A noble and individually adapted steel cable grid provides for a controlled growth of plants on the façade. Intermediate and end mounts in two variants are available for different tension loads.
- Structural detail and special solutions I-SYS is a holistic concept. The experts of Carl Stahl accompany the project from the first idea to the development up to production, assembly and follow-up service of the project.